Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mommy's Day Out

Well, I have heard many times over the past few years that as a mom I still need to take some me time, go out and do something relaxing without taking ANY of my children along with me.  I do not fully agree with that, I really enjoy taking Alexia and Briana along with me when I get the occasional pedicure (and by occasional I mean once every 6-12 months) or when I go to a good friend's house for a day of once a month cooking or a baking day.  Blake is fun to take on shopping trips or when I run errands, all the kids are great to be around!  I enjoy having the kids with me in every aspect of my life, it is a big part of the reason I changed my career path from 8 am- 5 pm Mon-Fri to a flexible career working from home in the evenings.  My children will only actually want me around for so long before they go through the "My mom is so not cool" phase.  I want to soak up every moment I can with these amazing little beings that we dreamed into life!  I want to learn from them and enjoy the wide-eyed wonder they have as they learn new things, or try to teach me something!  It has been over 7 years since the start of my first pregnancy and since then I have experienced a whirlwind of emotions and experiences.  Things I would not trade for all the time or money in the world.

That being said, my wonderful soon to be sister-in-law convinced me to go with her for a massage and then a meal.  It has been an EXTREMELY long time since I had a girls day that did not include my daughters.  It was very nice and amazingly relaxing.  We started out the day with a wonderful massage, followed by sushi at my favorite sushi place in Lincoln!  After that we went to Barnes and Noble and chatted a bit.  I got home mid-afternoon to find 3 happy children, a happy husband and my little brother all spending good quality time together!  I may do the Mom's day out thing occasionally, but for now, I am oh so happy to have my wonderful little sidekicks with me!  :)

Here are some pictures of my food, since it is hard to take a picture of a massage!  :)


My delicious cupcake!



Amazing Sushi!  
We had a great chef who sent out a complimentary sushi roll that was amazing!!!




I have not had a chance to go out for sushi in an extremely long time and it has been even longer since my last massage.  I went to a wonderful massage therapist for years before I got pregnant with Blake.  My last massage was in the summer of 2005.  How sad is that?!?!?!  :)  Although I have not felt deprived for the last 7+ years, the massage was AMAZING!  I have been a big fan of sushi ever since my long stay in Los Angeles when I was 19!  I had never tried sushi before that.  I was hooked!  I gave up sushi during all of my pregnancies for obvious reasons, I also did not eat it while I was breastfeeding simply because sushi places are not so kid friendly usually.  This was the first time in about 2 years that I got to eat sushi!  It was also amazing!  The sushi chef sent Marysol and I a complimentary sweet sushi roll to go with our combo platter, it was amazing!  I had never tried a sweet roll before, now I will probably not eat sushi without ordering a sweet roll!  

Long story short, I had a great time, the kids and hubby had a great time and I will probably do a mom's day once every 2 months or so!  While I do not NEED one, it was very nice to get to spend some one on one time with a good friend (soon to be family) and to actually get to talk to and listen to someone without having to keep track of 3 kids at the same time!!!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any comments! Thank you for reading!