Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Briana is 6 Months Old!!! /Transit of Venus


The picture we took of Briana, 3 days old


Briana, 6 months old





Zoo!


I love that Blake still makes this face!
He has been making this face since birth!


Polar Bear















Waiting to watch the Transit of Venus!



Looking through the telescope



Playing at the playground afterwards!


Hot Air Balloon!!!




To celebrate Briana's half birthday (she is 6 months old today!!!) we took a family trip to the zoo!  They have made a lot of changes and updated some of the older exhibits and it was so neat to see the new features and a lot of our old favorites!  The train is running again, so we took a nice train ride, it was a beautiful day for it!  Our zoo was recently voted #1 in the US, so it is pretty neat that we get to go there as often as we do! 

After the kids took their afternoon nap, Uncle Liam and Auntie April met up with us to go to a nearby park to watch the Transit of Venus!  It was pretty cool to witness this, the next time it will happen is in 105 years.  How cool is it to see something that happens so rarely!  A special thanks to the Omaha Astronomical Society members for being at the park with your wonderful telescopes! 

After checking out the Transit of Venus we took the kids to the playground.  It was our first time at that playground.  We will have to go back, it is a pretty nice playground!  As we were about to leave we noticed that there was a group of people getting a hot air balloon ready for take off.  We stayed to watch them inflate the balloon and take off.  It was also pretty neat to watch!  Someday we will take the kids on a hot air balloon ride!  I think they would love that in about 5 years or so! 

I would say today was a total success and quite the memorable 6 month birthday for Briana.  Although I doubt she will actually remember it, I think the rest of us will!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok now THAT looks like an awesome day!Zoo...watching the hot air balloons take off and allowing the kids to experience such an awesome event...though I will admit...I don't know anything about the Transit of Venus...I will in a few minutes thanks to Google ; )

    Happy "Halfer" Briana!! Love her eyes!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any comments! Thank you for reading!